ypradio.org > Community
How to Submit a Public Service Announcement to Yellowstone
Yellowstone Public Radio is pleased to support regional arts and education
by airing public service announcements (PSAs) for cultural and informational
events happening throughout our listening area.
PSAs are provided free of charge. YPR also offers paid underwriting
announcements, which are goverened by policies and procedures different
from those governing PSAs.
Please contact Alicia Lee, YPR's Public Information
Manager / Underwriting Manager, at 406.657.2979 or e-mail
Alicia at email@example.com for more information on underwriting or for
PSA information not available on this webpage.
Broadcast PSAs are 15-60
seconds in length. All PSAs are produced and broadcast at the discretion
of Yellowstone Public Radio.
Yellowstone Public Radio is required to
comply with public broadcasting standards. Following are our guidelines
for submitting events for consideration as free on-air PSAs:
- All submissions are subject to review and approval by YPR's PSA
- YPR reserves the right to edit or refuse any PSA submission and
to determine the frequency with which they are aired.
- PSA information must be submitted at least two weeks prior to the
- Arts, entertainment and education-related
events will be considered.
- Events must be open to the public.
- YPR does not air PSAs for fund-raisers
or events for the purpose of appealing for funds.
- Non-profit events,
or those events which benefit nonprofit, cultural groups are encouraged
- Top priority is given to events presented by regional non-profit
- YPR does not air regular or holiday religious activities.
- Non-worship concerts, recitals, or lectures presented
by religious organizations or held in a church venue are acceptable.
Information to Include When Submitting Your PSA
- Event name and a description including background information
and/or history of the event;
- Sponsoring organization;
- Event location,
including community and venue;
- All relevant dates and times (including seating times and show times);
- Price of admission
(or indicate free admission);
- All relevant ticket information, including purchase locations, phone
numbers, websites, and reservation information;
- Phonetic pronunciations
where necessary (err on the side of caution);
- Who or what organization
will receive event proceeds;
- Your phone number and email address;
- Suggestions/submissions for possible
music backgrounds are appreciated.
How to Submit a PSA to YPR
YPR does not accept PSA submissions over the phone.
Send an e-mail to Alicia Lee, PSA Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax your PSA to 406.657.2977
or, Mail your PSA:
Alicia Lee, PSA Director
Yellowstone Public Radio
Montana State University Billings
1500 University Drive
Billings, MT 59101-0298